DetailsShop The Blog
Throwing a Fourth of July bash or backyard BBQ? You’ll need ‘gram-worthy decor, yummy food, and of course, refreshing drinks. Looking for an easy peasy drink for your party, that’s obviously all dressed up in it’s red, white, and blue best?
I have the answer for you: Piña Colada, but make it patriotic. You are not prepared for how crazy delicious, creamy, and refreshing this is for a hot July day!
A twist on a classic
My favorite poolside cocktail is a piña colada. To infuse a little flavor and color into this classic drink, we simply added a bit of grenadine and blue curaçao. Add the perfect finishing touch to your red and blue piña coladas with a striped straw and a bomb pop! This drink will be most instagrammable when served in a tall, chilled glass but it’s just as delicious in a solo cup… or directly from the blender.
Let’s talk layers! I recommend using a spoon as ladle to create a nice layered effect. You can also turn a spoon upside down and place it inside the glass, with the tip of the spoon against the inside edge of the glass, above the first layer. Then pour the next layer as slowly as possible over the back of the spoon, moving the spoon up as you pour.
- 6 oz white rum
- 6 oz cream of coconut
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz blue curaçao
- 2 oz grenadine
- Bomb Pops for garnish
- Add 2 oz of the white rum, 2 oz of the cream of coconut, 4 oz of pineapple juice, and 2 oz blue curaçao to a blender and fill with ice.
- Blend until smooth and thick. Add ice as needed until desired thickness.
- Pour into chilled glasses to create the blue bottom layer.
- Rinse out the blender.
- Add 4 oz of the white rum, 4 oz of the cream of coconut, and 8 oz of pineapple juice to the blender and fill with ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take half the contents of the blender and create the white middle layer.
- Add 2 oz of grenadine to the remaining mixture and blend.
- Layer onto the white layer to create the top red layer.
- Garnish with a cute striped straw and add a Bomb Pop if you’re feeling extra festive!
Makes 4 12 oz drinks
Regardless of your feelings about being caught in the rain, this drink will basically turn your 4th of July barbecue into a tropical vacation. Enjoy!